Tunbridge Wells Heritage Open Days 2022 is from Friday 9th September to Sunday 18th September 2022 inclusive.
Heritage Open Days celebrate England’s architectural, social and cultural heritage by offering visitors of all ages free access to a range of events that include interesting properties, guided walks, tours and talks. There are often art, craft and music events as well as displays of traditional skills. The Royal Tunbridge Wells Civic Society, in conjunction with the National Trust, helps to co-ordinate the events across the Borough of Tunbridge Wells.
Photographic Competition for Students
The theme of this year’s Heritage Open Days is Astounding Inventions, and to celebrate this, the Civic Society is inviting students living in the Borough of Tunbridge Wells to enter a free photographic competition, which will reflect this theme. There will be prizes for the winners and runners up of each of two entry groups. Entry details are as follows:
• Entry group Years 4 – 6, with first prize of £50 and two runners up prizes of £25.
• Entry group Years 7 – 13, with first prize of £100 and two runners up prizes of £50.
• The theme of Astounding Inventions may be interpreted in any way – e.g. architecture, bridges, viaducts, street furniture, telephone boxes, lighting, water towers, railways, bricks, and clocks. You might like to start by visiting the newly opened Amelia Scott to explore the story of objects connected with Tunbridge Wells & the High Weald. Stand in front of the decorative iron gates by the courtyard for inspiration.
• 1 digital entry per student (landscape or portrait, high resolution jpeg). Include your name, year group, address, school, plus title of photograph submitted. Entries must be student’s original work.
• Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org between 18th July and 8th September 2022.
• The judges’ decision is final. Results of competition to be announced on this website.
Entry will allow use of images on our website and social media pages and in our newsletter and future Tunbridge Wells Heritage Open Days leaflets. Entry permits publication of names in press releases.
Tunbridge Wells Heritage Open Days 2022 Programme
Heritage Open Days 2022 is still two months away but already behind the scenes, teams of volunteers are beavering away busy getting things ready and finalising the all important details of properties and events. We will have more information available for you in mid-August so please drop by then.
You can contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting Tunbridge Wells Heritage Open Days and we hope to see you in person at one of our many events.
This website is copyright The Royal Tunbridge Wells Civic Society 2022 - Registered Charity No. 276545